Frequently Asked Questions
We have put together a list of our most frequently asked questions to settle any worries you may have before you arrive. See our Covid-19 Safety Measures page for additional FAQ's.
I'm running late what do I do?
It's fine, your arrival time is approximate, our team will admit you when you arrive.
What are your Covid Safety procedures?
Click here for our covid safety procedures.
Do I have to book to go on the cable cars?
Yes. We recommend you book your tickets in advance before travelling. Click here for ticket information
How do I find out about discounts for NHS workers, carers and others?
Click here to see all our current valid discounts
Can I move my ticket to another day?
If you have to postpone your visit we will do our very best to move your tickets to a future date. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours before the day of your original booking date.
I haven't received a confirmation email, what do I do?
All you will need on arrival at the ticket office is the 5 digit reference number that appeared on your screen after you had completed your booking, you don't need your email confirmation for entry to the Heights. If you did not note this number down, but you have received a WorldPay email confirming your transaction, our team will be able to find you on our system by your surname.
How many people can sit in each cable car?
Each cable car can comfortably seat 6 guests. The cabins are enclosed but have superb ventilation which allows the free flow of fresh Derbyshire air for the duration of your flight. For the comfort of other guests inside your cable car; please wear your face coverings.
How do I book a Blue Peter badge holder ticket?
Click here to read the latest information for Blue Peter Badge holders
Where can I park?
See our car parking page here
Can I take pushchairs on the cable cars?
Yes, no problem! We ask that on busy days, you fold your pushchairs before you reach the cable car boarding area. If your pushchair can’t be folded, please speak to a cable car steward who will advise you on what to do.
Are the cable cars wheelchair friendly?
Yes, we upgraded the cable cars a few years ago to allow room for wheelchair users to enjoy a ride up and over the valley. Unfortunately due to the nature of the site, a lot of our paths are quite steep and those with limited mobility may find them hard to navigate. Please view our accessibility information for more.
Can I bring my dog?
With 60 acres to explore, the Heights is fun for all the family- including the dog!
Dogs are welcome on the cable car and around the grounds- as long as they are kept on a lead. If you are planning on eating in our café, your four legged friend can join you for lunch on outdoor cafe terrace. Water bowls provided. Unfortunately for safety reasons, dogs are not allowed in the underground caverns or indoor food catering areas. We would recommend walking the Waggy Tails Trail while the rest of your party explores the caverns below.
Can I walk up?
The walk up route is closed until further notice, but you can walk down when you leave if you wish to avoid the cable car return journey.
How long should I allow for the visit?
Once you arrive you can stay until we close. Most people spend between 3 and 4 hours a day at the Heights. For what your ticket includes click here.
Are you open today?
The Heights is open daily until October 31st 2021 for all facilities, cavern tours and exhibitions. See the home page of our website for any updates.
Do you sell tickets online?
Yes we do, and you can purchase tickets online here. Due to the covid 19 situation we have reduced the number of cable car tickets available for each day, so please book soon to avoid disappointment.
How often are the cavern tours?
For safety reasons. visitors must be accompanied through the cavern by a cave guide. The cavern tours run between every 15 minutes to every hour, depending on what time of year you visit. We have information boards once you get here with specific times written down, to help you plan your day. If you miss a cave tour by 5 minutes, don’t worry- the cave tours run all day long.
Do we need special clothes and footwear for the Caverns?
We recommend sensible shoes and warm clothes. Face coverings must be worn during cavern tours.
What are the online booking terms and conditions?
Purchase of the tickets shall constitute acceptance of the following conditions:-
- The ticket is not transferable; tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- The 5 digit reference number must be presented on arrival at the Base Station ticket office. A cable car boarding pass will then be printed out for you.
- You are requested to carefully check your ticket purchases in advance of your visit; mistakes cannot be rectified on the day.
- Adults must accompany all children under the age of 16.
- Dogs are welcome on the cable cars, outdoor café terrace and throughout the landscaped grounds, as long as they are kept on a lead. Water bowls provided around the site. Unfortunately, for safety reasons dogs are not allowed in the indoor food catering areas and underground caverns.
- In the unlikely event that the cable car is not operating on the day you have selected to travel, please contact email@example.com or call 01629 582365
- Your cable car journey is provided by The Heights of Abraham (Matlock Bath) Limited.
- Your cable car ticket gives you a right of way over the Hilltop park, including the Caverns and Exhibitions, and is provided by the Heights of Abraham (Matlock Bath) Limited.
- The Heights of Abraham reserves the right to alter or withdraw any package, facility, exhibit, activity or service without notice, and to refuse travel or right of way over the estate.
If you've not found the answer you were looking for, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01629 582365.