Times & Tickets
Please read the information below carefully before buying your tickets.
- The cable car ticket gives you free access to the whole estate, including the show caverns, playgrounds, exhibitions and woodland walks.
- You can choose to arrive between 10am and 1pm, or 1pm and 4pm. Once you are here you can stay all day. We recommend 3-4 hours for your visit.
- Please ensure you've booked the correct amount of tickets for the correct date before entering your payment details, as we do not refund for mistakes made. If you're looking for our discounted tickets, you can find them here.
- Once you've completed your booking, a reference number will be shown. Make a note of this reference number as you'll need it on arrival.
Cable Car Ticket Prices
If you are visiting us by bus or rail, or hold a BLUELIGHT, NHS or MOD ID card, or have a BLUE PETER BADGE click here for discounted rates.
10 AM to 4.30 PM
Have you considered buying an annual pass? They're great value for money and allow you to visit as many times as you want during the season. Click here for full details.
Already an annual pass member? Click here to reserve your visit.
Opening Dates 2021
Cable Cars, cavern tours and hilltop park open every day until October 31st 2021
Click here to see what your ticket includes
Do I have to book to go on the cable cars?
Yes. Due to the Covid 19 situation you need to book your tickets online prior to your visit. We have reduced the number of cable car tickets available for each day so please book soon to avoid disappointment. The cable cars run continuously all day and the last one up is half an hour before closing time.
What are the online booking terms and conditions?
Purchase of the tickets shall constitute acceptance of the following conditions:-
- The ticket is not transferable; tickets may not be exchanged or refunded.
- The 5 digit reference number must be presented on arrival at the Base Station ticket office. A cable car boarding pass will then be printed out for you.
- You are requested to carefully check your ticket purchases in advance of your visit; mistakes cannot be rectified on the day.
- Adults must accompany all children under the age of 16.
- Dogs are welcome on the cable cars, outdoor café terrace and throughout the landscaped grounds, as long as they are kept on a lead. Water bowls provided around the site. Unfortunately, for safety reasons dogs are not allowed in the indoor food catering areas and underground caverns.
- In the unlikely event that the cable car is not operating on the day you have selected to travel, please contact email@example.com or call 01629 582365
- Your cable car journey is provided by The Heights of Abraham (Matlock Bath) Limited.
- Your cable car ticket gives you a right of way over the Hilltop park, including the Caverns and Exhibitions, and is provided by the Heights of Abraham (Matlock Bath) Limited.
- The Heights of Abraham reserves the right to alter or withdraw any package, facility, exhibit, activity or service without notice, and to refuse travel or right of way over the estate.
Can I move my ticket to another day?
If you have to postpone your visit because you or a member of your "bubble" have to self-isolate due to covid restrictions we will do our very best to move your tickets to a future date. Please contact the office at least 48 hours before the day of your original booking date in order to make these changes.
I haven't received a confirmation email, what do I do?
All you will need on arrival at the ticket office is the 5 digit reference number that appeared on your screen after you had completed your booking, you don't need your email confirmation for entry to the Heights. If you did not note this number down, but you have received a WorldPay email confirming your transaction, our team will be able to find you on our system by your surname.
Do we get a cable car to ourselves?
Yes, each cable car can hold up to 6 adults, and you only share it with the people you are visiting with.
Can I take pushchairs on the cable cars?
Yes, no problem! We ask that on busy days, you fold your pushchairs before you reach the cable car boarding area. If your pushchair can’t be folded, please speak to a cable car steward who will advise you on what to do.
Where can I park?
There are 4 main car parks in Matlock Bath. These are all run by Derbyshire Dales District Council, and therefore are all pay and display- so don't forget your change!
Matlock Bath Train Station- SatNav DE4 3NS
We recommend parking here as it is the closest car park to the Heights and also has a dedicated access path straight to our base station. It is also the biggest car park in Matlock Bath and the only one with spaces for coaches.
Temple Road- SatNav DE4 3NR
The next closest car park is at the opposite end of the village. It is also a pay and display car park and is approximately a 15 minute walk through Matlock Bath to our Cable Car Base Station. As you are driving, head up the hill signposted for Gulliver's and the car park is on the left.
Pavilion- SatNav DE4 3NR
Across the street from Temple Road is a smaller car park, located outside the Matlock Bath Pavilion (Big pink building). To reach the Heights from here is another approximate 15 minute walk through the village.
Artist's Corner- SatNav DE4 3PS
If you are driving to Matlock Bath and coming through Matlock, this is the first car park you will come to. It is the second largest car park in the area, and again takes about 15 minutes to walk to our Cable Car Base Station.
If you would like to visit us during peak periods and school holidays, you may find that these car parks fill up very quickly. If this is the case and you are struggling to find a space, we recommend that you park in Matlock Train Station just down the road and get the train to Matlock Bath. The SatNav postcode for this is DE4 3NA. If you do take the train, show your tickets to our ticket office to receive a 20% discount on your Heights of Abraham entry (this discount is not valid in conjunction with any other offer, including the online tickets discount).
If you need any more information about car parking, please see the Derbyshire County Council website by clicking here.
Are the cable cars wheelchair friendly?
Yes, we upgraded the cable cars a few years ago to allow room for wheelchair users to enjoy a ride up and over the valley. Unfortunately due to the nature of the site, a lot of our paths are quite steep and those with limited mobility may find them hard to navigate. Please view our accessibility information for more.
Can I bring my dog?
With 60 acres to explore, the Heights is fun for all the family- including the dog!
Dogs are welcome on the cable car and around the grounds- as long as they are kept on a lead. If you are planning on eating in our café, your four legged friend can join you for lunch on outdoor cafe terrace. Water bowls provided. Unfortunately for safety reasons, dogs are not allowed in the underground caverns or indoor food catering areas. We would recommend walking the Waggy Tails Trail while the rest of your party explores the caverns below.
Do I have to pay if I walk up?
Due to the current Covid 19 situation we have closed the walk-up right of way to the estate via West Lodge. There is no public right of way within the grounds, but you can enjoy the grounds by purchasing a cable car ticket online here.
How long should I allow for the visit?
We recommend that visitors spend up to 5 hours on site, as there's so much to see and do- a lot more than just a cable car. If you’re curious, see what else there is to see and do.
Are you open today?
The Heights is open daily until October 31st 2021 for all facilities, cavern tours and exhibitions.
Do you sell tickets online?
Yes we do, and you can purchase tickets online here. Due to the covid 19 situation we have reduced the number of cable car tickets available for each day, so please book soon to avoid disappointment.
How often are the cavern tours?
For safety reasons. visitors must be accompanied through the cavern by a cave guide. The cavern tours run between every 15 minutes to every hour, depending on what time of year you visit. We have information boards once you get here with specific times written down, to help you plan your day. If you miss a cave tour by 5 minutes, don’t worry- the cave tours run all day long.
Do we need special clothes and footwear for the Caverns?
We recommend sensible shoes and warm clothes. Face coverings must be worn during cavern tours.