Privacy and Cookies
By visiting www.heightsofabraham.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer enquiries or online purchases
What we do with the information we gather
The information we collect is used by us to develop our website. In addition, we require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide you with information relating to our website, products or services that you request from us.
- To process your enquiry or your online purchase.
- To meet our contractual obligations to you.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Storing your personal data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure server. Details relating to any transaction entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety. (See our security of customers’ data policy below for more information).
Please be aware that unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Security of customers’ data: policy and procedure
- All customers’ contact details are stored only on our internal databases, which can be accessed only by authorised employees / service providers.
- The Heights of Abraham gives customers the opportunity to opt in, to receive marketing information. This information is kept in a suppression list.
- The Heights of Abraham maintains anti-virus software on both server and all individual PCs.
Credit card data
The Heights of Abraham offers customers the opportunity to pay for tickets and products by credit/debit card, either at the point of sale via our website.
All credit card payments are made via WorldPay using their secure systems. Only specially authorised WorldPay staff will have access to cardholder details.
No cardholder data details are held electronically or physically by The Heights of Abraham.
Disclosing your information
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud reduction and minimise credit risks.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- We will ask you to opt in, so you only receive marketing, promotions or newsletters if you choose to.
- You can change your mind whenever you like, if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may opt out or unsubscribe at any time.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The data controller is The Heights of Abraham, Matlock Bath, Derbyshire, DE4 3PD.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Access to information
The General Data Protection Regulations 2018 gives all individuals the right to access personal information that is held about them. You can request a copy of any information that we hold about you. Please contact us if you wish to make such a request. firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other website
Our website may contain links to and from other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement but have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.